Ultrasonic Testing (UT) uses high frequency sound waves to make detailed examinations and evaluations of the test material. UT may also be used to detect flaws and characterize materials. UT is especially suited for taking thickness measurements of the underlying material which is useful in determining internal corrosion on fixed equipment and piping systems. Our technicians are qualified to ASNT-TC-1A, as well as to many third party standards such as the American Petroleum Institute (API) and Qualifications of Ultrasonic Examiner (QUTE).
Advantages of Ultrasonic Testing:
- Extremely Sensitive: even the smallest imperfections and flaws are found.
- Deep Penetrating Power: revealing defects and flaws in the test material.
- Non-Hazardous: to surrounding people and environment. Continue operations normally with a less intrusive inspection approach.
- Highly Portable: our highly trained technicians are able to take readings in a variety of places and spaces. In the field or in your shop.
- Greater Accuracy: than other NDT methods in gauging the depth at which the defect lies.