Magnetic Particle Testing (MT) puts a magnetic field into the inspected material revealing discontinuities. We certify our technicians in accordance with American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) requirements. Our personnel are qualified to ASNT-TC-1A.
Advantages of Magnetic Particle Testing
- Rapid Flaw Detection: Ideal for quickly locating surface and sub-surface flaws and discontinuities in ferromagnetic material like Iron, Nickel, Cobalt, and related alloys.
- Highly Adaptable: Ideal for inspection of irregular parts.
- As Forged or As Welded: Less preparation of inspected material as sullied surface area is less important than other NDT methods. Inspection of material in "as is" condition saving cost of cleaning and preparation.
- Economical: Less expensive application than other NDT methods.
- Highly portable: magnetic particle testing can be performed almost anywhere in the field or shop.